Friday, March 6, 2009

The First One.

A good friend of mine told me I needed to start a blog. I don't know that I have that much to say, but I'd figure I'd give it a try.

First off, let me start by telling you about myself and my family. I am a very open person when I'm asked about me. I don't just tell things about me without a prompting. My wife, Kirsten, is a very sweet, kind, patient, and loving person. She's always looking for the good in things and is very good about following the words of our Prophet. My son, Luke, is 6. He is very active in his life. Most of the time he's playing with his toys or the neighbor kids. Sometimes I think he has this electromagneticsensory whenever a phone in our house rings (more on that later).

I work primarily as a private investigator. I own a small company called Northern Utah Investigative Services. No it's not the spying on my spouse, ex-whatever type of work. I primarily serve court documents for others (subpoenas, small claims, etc.). Think, The Peoples Court, the way the defendants get notified that they're being sued is by someone like me serving them the papers. It's not glamourus or exciting, it's just work. Most of the time it's boring, mind numbing work. To help take my mind off the work I am a photographer. I love shooting, not so much editing and printing. Call it weird but I would rather fill a terabyte of memory on an external hard and only print a few of the shots then print most of them. My art is different, I pose people how I feel they look the best. I love to shoot families, especially children when they interact with each other. It just captures their soul and spirit. I've found some of my best work when shooting people is by not holding the camera up to my eye but rather I keep it down by my side and push the shutter release. People are at their most natural and unguarded states in this manner. Too many, myself included, avoid the camera when it's up to someones face. I ride bikes. Motercycles and bicycles. I love to repair bicycles. Most of the repairs and tune-ups can be done at home with a little practice. My neighbors bring their bikes to me for fixing or just to pump up the tires. I love that. I don't charge money for it because I love to do it. I'm getting into triathlons this year. I've set a goal to qualify for Ironman Hawaii in 2011. At the pace I'm going, it'll be tough but my competitive spirit and mindset will make me do it anyways.

My wife, Kirsten, and son, Luke, will be featured in another segment.

It is, afterall, Just a Ramble.

1 comment:

  1. That's already more than I knew. :)

    Congrats on starting a blog. I like your title too. My finger hurts.

    ReplyDelete