Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just a word of thanks!

I just wanted to give a word of thanks to Kyle at SBR Sports in Orem. The time he spent with me, before I knew I was purchasing a bike, was unreal. He got a bike from the rack that was about my size, made adjustments and took the time to help me get a feel for the bike. He also just got back from a FIST Class (fitting people to bikes, not bikes to people) and worked with me for at least an hour, for FREE. Again, this was before I knew what I wanted in a Tri bike or committing to making a purchase. So Kirsten, my wife, and I talked it over at home and decided that this was the bike I could get to continue to help me with my goal of qualifying for Ironman in Kona, HI. The price was about $1000 less w/pedals then the other bikes I was considering (a big plus for Kirsten), which gives me more options in the future for upgrades. When I went back to the store today, with all my gear (shoes I wear, cycling shorts, jersey), he took the time again to continue to adjust the bike even further then yesterday (about another hour and a half). We went through the saddle height, reach, and stack height, and pedals just to make sure this bike was the one for me. After the adjustments in the store we took it to the street. I rode in the up position to get the feel of the bike cruising about 19 mph, but when I hit the aero position, Kyle said my speed instantly went up 2 to 3 mph, without any further effort from me. SO COOL!!!

So to Kyle at SBR, thank you. My bike buying experience went to a whole new level yesterday and today. No longer will I buy the biggest bike on the rack just because I'm tall, I'm coming to you to get fit properly everytime.

To Malisa, a good friend. Thank you for being kind to me. Being able to chat with you has helped me in so many ways I hope one day to express them to you. Your example you showed me all those years ago really helped to establish who I am today. You are a special friend and I value that greatly. The challenges you've set for yourself are truly inspirational and make me think everytime I do something.

So, Malisa, thank you. I have more to say but that will have to wait.

To my lovely, beautiful, hard working, and truly patient wife, Kirsten. Thank you for your willingness to put up with my quirks, shortcomings, and general selfishness. You lead by example and I'm too stupid to follow (I have a problem with following). You allow me to make purchases (the bike mentioned above) with only the minimal stipulations, though I know you expect more. I can learn a lot from you if I would just take the time to not be bullheaded, stubborn, selfish, (insert comment here), etc. The love and patience you have is truly to be admired. I only wish I could be half of what you are, but the more I try to get there the higher you set the bar. Thank you for that, I wouldn't, couldn't be where I am today without you. I promise to be better, to work on myself and use Heavenly Fathers comands to reach there. Right now you're pulling me to the Kingdom and I know it should be the other way around. I will get there, please continue to be patient with me I'll get there.

So, Kirsten. THANK YOU! You work hard and deserve better from me. I'll get better. I love you.

To all my other friends I didn't specifically mention, thank you as well. I hope that I can continue to help, inspire, and generally be there when you need a hand up. Thank you all.

It is, afterall, Just a Ramble.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! That was very nice. I have been off of the computer most of the week (due to my finger (which is feeling so much better now) and my sick daughter...and now I think I am sick too).

    ReplyDelete