Sunday, August 23, 2009

Clairabelle

My beautiful new St. Bernard puppy. She's about 3 months old now and is playful and sleepy at the same time. If that's possible. She is just what I've wanted to have for the longest time. Kirsten, Luke and I went shopping to Wal-Mart and were on our way to Target when, in the parking lot of The Home Depot, I spotted a lady selling puppies on the park strip and asked her what type of dogs those were. She looked at me dumbfoundly and replied, "Brown and white." I turned the car around, parked near the dogs and asked the sellers what type they were since I hadn't gotten a good look yet. The owner replied, "St. Bernard,s." Kirsten's first reaction was "Oh no!"

After spending about an hour and a half of playing with the dogs and talking with the owners we left, went home and talked about it. She decided that we could get one, so I tried to call the owner back that night but didn't get an answer. I did a quick background check on the owner, found their address and other phone numbers and gave them a call. We made arrangements to meet the next morning and purchase one of the pups.

She's feisty and lazy, but she's a keeper none the less.

That's it for now.

It is, after all, Just a Ramble.

1 comment:

  1. She's sounds cute. It's always nice to get something you've wanted for a long time.

    ReplyDelete